Global Cabling Systems delivers a complete range of telecommunication services. Our engineering staff of specialists, professional engineers, and wireless engineers has extensive and wide-ranging experience in designing and engineering communications infrastructure.
Global Cabling wired and wireless copper and fiber design experience encompasses both retrofits and new construction of high-rise commercial office, mixed-use, and Industrial properties.
All Global Cabling design specifications are fully compliant with Division 17, which will soon be adopted by CSI and AIA as the standard format for telecommunications installation bid/ construction specifications. Global Cabling also played a key role in development of ANSI-TIA/EIA 569-A, the new standard for the design of pathways and spaces.
What We Do
Structured Cabling Systems Installation
- Voice and data premise wiring
- Cat 5, 5e, and 6
- Control access wiring
- Paging systems
- Design and implementation consulting
- Communication systems pathways/spaces
- Equipment room build-out
- RFP/Division 17 wiring
Comprehensive testing and certification
- System certification
- TIA/EIA and IEEE compliance verification
- Network diagnostics
Telecommunications Infrastructure Assessment
Global Cabling offers building owners a full array of options for taking stock of a buildings’ telecommunications infrastructure and potential. Work is performed by engineers with extensive experience in the design, engineering, and construction management of telecommunications infrastructure for Class A commercial properties.
- On-site assessment of property’s telecom infrastructure
- Inspect and inventory telecom infrastructure and pathways
- Identify faults and potential areas of improvement
- Deliver comprehensive review
Infrastructure Review (includes Engineering Review items)
- Summarize applicable state/federal regulatory issues
- Review rooftop and wireless facilities
- Schematic design of property telecom systems
Telecommunications Space Reclamation
- On-site identification and tagging of abandoned riser cabling, hardware, and equipment
- Removal of abandoned infrastructure
- Regular progress reports throughout project duration
Cable Infrastructure Management
Global Cabling manages core building assets to ensure their security and future availability.
Global Cabling continually monitors capacity so the building will always have space available for future applications. Global Cabling uses custom management software designed in-house to track all activity in the building communications spaces. The software allows automated provisioning and capacity reporting.
Our team of customer service, engineering, technical, and IS professionals has the broad range of expertise and experience necessary to ensure the highest possible level of service.
Global Cabling's Full Range of Management Services
- Developing and maintaining up-to-date schematic drawings of the spaces
- Creating and maintaining an inventory of all plans and specifications of all telecommunications cable systems and equipment installed in the spaces
- Providing user information packages for tenants, carriers, and contractors
- Thorough training for building personnel in security, operations, and procedures
- Auditing security conditions and implementing a tiered security program
- Coordinating sleeve assignments and service delivery
- Preventative maintenance through periodic audits and review of the spaces
- Responding to access requests by telecom service providers